Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Practicing a little thankfulness

Yesterday, I began to feel the need to spend some time over a few days blogging about what I am thankful for, and the blessings in my life. Most of the posts will be in no particular order, maybe as I come accross just the right picture to accompany the post. I did decide that I should start with the best blessing of all. Since we are a few days before Christmas, I am using a nativity picture to share how blessed I am to have Jesus.

Jesus is the most important blessing in my life. I spent way to many years taking the blessing of my salvation, and the miraculous life of Christ for granted. I searched the internet for good pictures of baby Jesus, but couldn't hardly find one that wasn't copyrighted! So this morning I snapped a few pictures of my own nativithy set. This set was given to me as a gift by Grandma Day, I believe the year before I was married. I have set it up every year, and I think that it is beautiful. I don't think that I would even trade it for my mothers beautiful Willow Tree Nativity set. This year, Joseph lost his head, so thanks to Poppa for fixing it with super glue! Anyway, I can't even express how thankful I am that Jesus came to be born as a baby, and to live a short lifetime on earth, knowing that it would end with Him taking on my sins, so that I might have eternal life. I say "my" sins rather than "our" sins, because I have come to realize that He would have done it even if I was the only one! That is really something to stop and think about it, that I alone and that important to my saviour. So, I begin my tribute posts of the blessings in my life with Jesus, who is daily reminding me to focus on eternity, and not on my temperal, earthly circumstances.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: