Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Thursday, December 07, 2006

In Prasso today I am continuing my study on forgiveness. I have felt pretty good about how I am handling forgiveness in my life for a while now. I believe that God is showing me that it might get harder, so I need to learn more on the subject. I am fine with that, the lessons are great, and I am looking at scriptural examples of forgiveness that I haven't thought through much before. In Genesis 50, we see the account of Joseph and his brothers after their father, Jacob, had died. Remember, Joseph had been sold into slavery and had suffered in Egypt because his brothers wanted to get rid of him. They had recently been reunited, and Joseph held a high position of authority in Egypt. Joseph could have done many things with his power to have revenge on his brothers. Joseph recoginized that what had happened was part of God's plan. He used his brothers' evil actions to "save the lives of many people." I wrote down this statement that Joseph made to his brothers when they approached him in fear. (Genesis 50:20) As far as I am concerned, God turned into good what you meant for evil.

If we could see what God has for us in every offense we endure from others, forgiveness would become much easier. Jeremiah 29:11-14a For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you, says the Lord. I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes.

No comments: