Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Tuesday, December 19, 2006

from the gap to the pit

The last couple of days have been rough ones emotionally for me. Nothing new going on, and maybe that is a bit of my problem. I am tired, as usual on Mondays after working the weekend. I have been praying fervently for relief from some of my struggles. God is still saying "no." I guess that means I still have more that God is trying to teach me. I need to go back and re read what Charity wrote about being "in the gap." I shared with Peyton this morning that I was praying that God would rescue me from the feelings that I was having right now. I told her that God was answering my prayer again. I am coming to believe that kids need to know that we have struggles, and that we are imperfect in how we handle them. They also need to see us allow God to pick us up and dust us off. My girls have seen my on my knees more times than I can count. I am grateful for that, it doesn't make me look weak to them, it makes Jesus look strong to them! So this morning I told Peyton how I had cried out to God for relief, and that last night after we went running, Amanda gave me a new book by one of my favorite authors. I started reading it after the girls went to bed last night. It is entitled "Get out of that Pit: Straight Talk about God's Deliverance." You know that a book was written with you in mind when you pull out your high lighter during the forward! I know that I will have many passages to share from this book. So thank you God for using this book to remind me that you are still right there, pulling me out of my pit and placing me on a rock. Thanks for using my good friend and fellow dweller in God's waiting room, Amanda. Also, thanks for yet another opportunity to show my children how real You are to me! Oh, and thanks for Steph, Charity and Mandy, who hung in there with me big time! Charity, don't worry, I have repented!

1 comment:

Charity said...

I wasn't worried...

Please try to remember that God is not looking for perfection from us. Our weaknesses only give more opportunity for Him to show His strength and be glorified.

You will have difficult moments and you will fail in your responses to them but you are not powerful enough in your failure to thwart God's goodness and mercy in your life-Just as you trying to "do it all right" may not bring something that you want to pass.

God is in control...Rest in that, San. He always gets it right.