Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Sunday, February 25, 2007

This was true then...and it is true today


Because He lives



God sent His son, they called Him Jesus
He came to love, heal, and forgive.
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives.

Because He lives,
I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives,
All fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives.
But greater still the calm assurance,
This child can face uncertain days because He lives.

Because He lives,
I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives,
All fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

And then one day I'll cross the river,
I'll fight life's final war with pain.
And then as death gives way to victory,
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone!
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was glad to come home from church and read the words to this gaither favorite. it helps to know God is in charge and knows what is best for us. the little ladies' baptism was the highlight of the day. proud, we are. of them and you. love mom

Gretchen said...

Hey, I am almost SURE I will be at church on Sunday! Tell the girls I will come down for Sunday school so they can all show me the new questions they've learned!

I miss everyone so much! (especially the kids). Emily told me about the great birthday party, and I was so jealous! Tonight I was just crying, wishing I could come running downstairs on Wednesday night! :) Love you guys!