Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Friday, February 09, 2007

Seven years ago this week, I was in the hospital, awaiting the birth of my twins. It was still much too early for them to be born, and we were trusting God daily for their health and growth. God was faithful. A thought to ponder for me is, even if the outcome hadn't been perfect healthy children, God is still faithful. We rarely get a full picture of God's plan and purpose, but we can be sure that He loves us with "unfailing love." I have been reading in the Psalms alot lately, and it seems that David is forever referring to God's unfailing love. During that time seven years ago, my good friend Charity printed a verse on pretty paper and framed it. She brought it to me in the hospital to remind me of what kind of God we really have. Looking back, we have both been through so much since then, we had no idea how much God intended to show us in tover the years. That frame matched my bathroom decor, so it has remained visible in my house. I was cleaning yesterday (I do that occasionally) and took the time to read the verse. I am encouraged and uplifted that a verse that was true for me then, is still true for me today.

Be Merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamaties have passed by.
Psalm 57:1
Today, when I was again cleaning, I came accross a piece of scrap paper from a drawer. The sentences on it hit me in the gut with pain at first, but as I looked at them closer, I was reminded of how much hope I truly have for the future. I was reminded of how God is STILL the God of impossible situations. In the meantime, however, I must trust God, and take cover from the storms in God's perfect hiding place.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember that verse on pretty paper from charity. i showed up on a lot of photos of the girls in their incubators. i think when i come to visit again, i'll just have you read to me.love, your mother.

Laura said...

I love this. How early were your girls? What were the complications? Just curious to compare stories. Your girls are so beautiful, and it makes me excited for our future!

Gretchen said...

Hey, are you going to be at Upward tomorrow at about 11? I'm going to drive home for the day to see everybody. I REALLY hope you'll be there!

How about the girlies? I know sometimes you guys stay for Lauren's game, so I was hoping you'd be there. I miss everybody so much!

See you tomorrow?

Sandy said...

Laura, if you look back in the archives, you can read more of my story. It is posted around their birthday 2/25 last year and more On April 23, the anniversary of the day they came home from the hospital. I will be posting again all about it this year. Basically, they were born at 28 weeks. Paige ended up with a g-tube for 7 weeks, and she was on a vent for 6 weeks. I would love to read more of your story, also.

Sandy said...

Gretchen, unfortunately, my two are both sick today;) I will try to contact you.
Sandy

Laura said...

I just read your complete story. Your girls are REAL miracles. I volunteer at my NICU and it is very helpful to see 28 weekers who made it and are not just doing well, but thriving!
I will have to share my story someday. I think most of the people who read my blog are tired of me telling it...
Do you have an email address for someone named Julie. She linked to me from Brad and Jen's quad blog and asked me to email her to "chat" but there is no email on her comment so I cannot contact her. I was hoping since you are friends with Brad and Jen you might be friends in common?