Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Brrrr..cold

Forgive me if my typing is bad, but my hands are a bit cold! The furnace in my house is not working and I am waiting on someone to come a fix it. They are closing the roads in our county-but loading Ella and the (still sick) girls up in my 4wd is sounding pretty good right now! I am reading a book by Charles Stanley. "The Source of my Strength." I am reading the chapter on dealing with fear and anxiety. How appropriate right now. I have shed more tears over my fears over the past two days, and not having heat right now doesn't help much. However, I am believing God for his Sovereignty. There is a reason that The girls and I are in a cold house. I have at times questioned God, and at times thanked Him for our circumstances. You never know what God is using to teach and change us. Stanley says "You may go through difficulty, harship, or trial-but as long as you are anchored to Him, you will have hope."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad and I are glad that the furnace is now working ok. You stayed calm and counted on our Savior to guide you. Trusting Him through your tears, He sees those and honors your obedience. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I knew you would get encouragement from Stanley's book. It gave me direction and hope at a time I was unsure of where I was going. Sometimes God uses something that seems so small to help us understand circumstance we are in and can't change can be for our good and His glory. As long as your heart is open to hear God he meets you where your at. I will continue to pray for you and your family. Have fun in the snow.

Gretchen said...

Is that the book from Julie?

Oh, wait, I see her comment. I am guessing it is! I know it was an amazing book to her that just changed her life! Keep a-reading!