Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snowed in...or not??

click on image to go to Web album

Mom and Dad braved the snow to get to us today. Quite literally, in fact. The county only clears my road so far. You can see behind them a small path consisting of only the tracks the neighbor made this morning. Dad was fearful that he would get stuck, making getting home next to impossible, so they parked back at the mailboxes. I looked out the window in time to see Mom kinda fall over in the snow. What a sight! Here they are in a place that isn't so deep. We got my Ford Expedition out of the garage while they were here, and that thing ROCKS! Dad moved it up and down the driveway a few times, and took it to my snowy road. So when they were ready to leave, I drove them back to where they were parked. I couldn't believe how well the roads were cleared up to that point. Apparently, the 4 families that live beyond the mailboxes are totally on their own! Seems a bit strange, since I know I pay a ton in property taxes! Anyway, for the first time in the 4 years that I have had my Expedition, I know that I was completely relying on the 4wd.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute pics of your parents holding hands trudging up to you guys! Glad everyone is safe!

Yay for 4WD!

Stephanie said...

Very cute picture and I liked the one with the snow too. Definitely been an experience the past two days!

Charity said...

Whoa...

It's like still winter up there!

I guess I'd better pack myself a coat next week!