Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Monday, October 02, 2006

three generations farming

It was a beautiful day today, from start to finish. I headed up to the farm late this afternoon and dropped the kids off with their Nana. I headed to the field and rode to the elevator with Brad in the dump truck. In these pictures, three generations of Thornsbrough men finish up in this field for the night. The night sky was really something. I want to praise God for his creation in the sky, and in what the ground is capable of producing over the hot summer. It is also an honor to be part of this family that works together. I have been coming up to the farm to visit during harvest for the past 14 seasons, and I count it a priviledge.


Brad and his Granddad



Brad, his dad and Granddad



Brad climbing up into the combine
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Pics, Sandy. We should try to get one w/ Nathan in it. While he's not Brad's son, he's the 4th generation boy in this fam.

Gretchen said...

With the gorgeous weather and bountiful fields, I have been thinking "the earth is the Lord's and the FULLNESS thereof"! I love this harvest time, because it is so fun to reflect on how every stalk of grain and colorful tree is praising God. How beautiful!