Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Psalm 27

This morning in my devotions I was reminded from going back over an old devotion book that God is not surprised by any of our emotions or feelings. I again read Lamentations 3, which has been an ongoing source of comfort and strenght for me. So I decided to talk to the Lord about all I was feeling upon awakening this morning. Sometimes, even when circumstances are better, my own thoughts can defeat me. I didn't even ask God to change my thinking, I just told Him how I was feeling. So when I opened my blog this morning, I found Psalm 27:14 as my verse of the day. I was encouraged by it, so I read the whole Psalm. I am posting it here, very thankful for God's faithfulness, and how me meets my needs.
Psalm 27
Of David. 1 The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, [
a] when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.
3 Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
4 One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.
6 Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD.
7 Hear my voice when I call, O LORD; be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, "Seek his [
b] face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior.
10 Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.
11 Teach me your way, O LORD; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors.
12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, breathing out violence.
13 I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I LOVE verse 4! "One thing I seek . . . that I may gaze upon the beauty of the Lord".

Therein lies the secret. We give Him our confused, jumbled, senseless feelings, and He gives us: Himself. To gaze upon, and all the hurts and confusion just melts away.

Thank you for sharing these verses! So encouraging!