Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Thursday, October 19, 2006

Desires of my Heart

Most days I ask God for strenght and help in my life. It seems sometimes, even when life is hopeless, and I have dwelled on my troubles, that God will say, " I told you yesterday with these verses, but since you asked, here is another passage to assure you." This is how I feel this morning. I asked God, and then I went to my blog to see the verses for the day. Psalm 37:4 immediately struck me, because this morning, I was begging God for the desire of my heart. So this passage reminds me the find my delight in the Lord, and trust him and commit my ways to Him.
Psalm 37:4-8 (New International Version)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
4 Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sandy,

We appreciate your prayers more than you know. Our little babies are doing great, and I know it is only due to our Soverign Father.

I wanted to let you know that as crazy as this is, there are some real freaks out on the web, and we are not comfortable posting pics of Jen's belly for the world to see. Get me an e-mail address and when Jen is comfortable enough with doing so, she will send you a few pics. She is growing at an alarming rate, and is very cute right now, but there will come a day in the near future when her size will be very uncomfortable. :)

-Brad Murray

Thanks again for your prayers.