Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Friday, November 17, 2006

What is Love?

Today is sunny and cool in South Carolina. I woke up feeling calm and feeling God's grace. The kids are playing, breakfast is over, and we are making plans for our day. Today is Brad's 2nd foot surgery, and I have been in prayer for him. It is difficult not to be with him for his surgery. This is his 4th surgery in the past 14 years and the first time that I am not with him. I rest in the fact that I am exactly where God wants me to be this week. I know that God doesn't need me to help Him take care of or deal with Brad. This is very reassuring. I am continuing to read "The Road to Forgiveness." I was tempted to quote another huge passage from the book, but I guess it is better that I just recommend it to anyone who is struggling with forgiveness, understanding God's forgiveness; and how God can use evil, terrible circumstances that happen in our lives for good.

My Prasso study today is teaching me that GOD IS LOVE. "Believers and non-believers alike have trouble reconciling the love of God with pain and sorrow. Part of the problem lies in a faulty concept of love. Love is an act of the will whereby you commit yourself voluntarily to bring about good where the welfare of another is concerned though they may seek the worst for you." Eph 1:4-5 tells us that God made a conscious choice to love us even before we were born. This cost us nothing, and cost Him everything. Another part of the study that struck me is "..recognizing God's right to control your circumstances...You want Him to make it all go away instead of allowing Him to walk with your through the bitter experience."

God cares about my circumstances. Matthew 10:31 says "Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows." God cares about me, He loves me. My prayer today is certainly that God will allow restoration, but more importantly to thank Him for walking with me through my trial, and allowing him to teach me through it.

No comments: