Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Sunday, November 19, 2006

Time to head home

Well, the girls and I are heading North in the morning. I am both ready and dreading heading home. My parents are meeting us in Kentucky, and we are going to stay at a hotel with an indoor pool. The girls are very excited. My dad plans to swim with them, I am sure I will get some cute pictures of that!

Charity's church services today were very good. It is a special 15th anniversary weekend for the church, so there was a great deal of singing. The pastor spoke on the wise man building his house on the rock, and the foolish man building his house on the sand. It was earily like a homework assignment from a counseling session I had a few weeks ago. The pastor pointed out similiarities and differences between the two builders. Both builders heard the word and made a choice. Both builders also encountered difficulity or adversity. The differences were the choice of foundations, and how they reacted to when the storm hit. The Point was, Jesus' words must be done. Doing His words is more than listennig, liking or learning the words. If you don't live the Word, you are not obeying, and therefore believing the Word. While Matthew 7:24-27 tells us the parable; John 8:31-32...If you continue in My Word, then are ye my disciples indeed, and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

The Pastor stated that there are two types of people in the world, those who do the Word, and go the narrow way, and those who don't do the Word, and take the broad way. Am I doing His sayings? We can know if we are doing and not just hearing if the teaching of the Word brings about change, and if times of difficulty strenthens us.

The evening service was full of powerful and uplifting music. I was truly blessed. Toward the end, Peyton and Paige were flanking me with their arms wrapped around me. I felt blessed by that too. To share an uplifting church services with my two girls like that was a powerful encouragement to me. I am more and more determined to raise them the way God wants me to raise them. There are SO many mistakes to be made in parenting, it is scary to think I might not get it right. But I know that I can rest in the fact that God will lead if I stay obedient to Him. The day will come when they must make their own choices, and I want to help prepare them for that day. I am convicted by this verse Matthew 18:4-6 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is te greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Wow, what a warning!

Anyway, I appreciate all who have prayed for me on this trip. I ask again that you will pray for us for the trip home and in the coming days and weeks. Our future is still unclear, but the Bible says "be anxious for nothing" in Phillippians 4:6, and that is what I am striving for.

No comments: