Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Blessed to be a Church Girl

Yesterday, I had someone call me a "church girl." It was a meant to be a "slam," but then I can a very kind person tell me that it was really a big complement. He told me how he always wanted his kids and grandkids to be "church kids." He wanted them to love to be at the church and cry when it was time to go home. I grew up going to church, and I continued the habit as I became an adult. However, I am now becoming a "church girl," because I recognize how blessed I am to be part of the church family. I read this Psalm yesterday, and I prayed it to God. Yesterday was a hard day, and it can be easy to take my eyes off God, and focus only on my circumstances. But I have so much more joy, if I can pray a prayer like David's 142'd Psalm, and then leave my "complaints" with Jesus.
Psalm 142
1 I cry aloud to the LORD;
I lift up my voice to the LORD for mercy.
2 I pour out my complaint before him;
before him I tell my trouble.
3 When my spirit grows faint within me,
it is you who know my way.
In the path where I walk
men have hidden a snare for me.
4 Look to my right and see;
no one is concerned for me.
I have no refuge;
no one cares for my life.
5 I cry to you, O LORD;
I say, "You are my refuge,
my portion in the land of the living."
6 Listen to my cry,
for I am in desperate need;
rescue me from those who pursue me,
for they are too strong for me.
7 Set me free from my prison,
that I may praise your name.
Then the righteous will gather about me
because of your goodness to me.

No comments: