Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Monday, May 07, 2007


This is my sister-in-law, Brittany, with me at the zoo, recently. Brittany is the mother of 3. She is very busy with the kids' activities, church, and homeschooling. Brittany always has time for others, particularly for me. To say that she has been "there" for me over the past year, yeck, over the past 8 years would be an understatement. Brittany and I have been friends since our preteen years, but never as close as since we both became mothers. She is my sister in law, and my sister in Christ. Brittany has been a rock for me, even when the same set of circumstances threaten to pull her own heart apart! Now that is a good friend! Brittany is not a motherly figure to me, but she is a great mom, and fills in for the mothering for me for P & P regularly. She is always willing to add them to her household when I am in need of a sitter. The girls love her and she obviously loves them. Thanks Brittany, for being a great sister, mom, aunt and friend. I hope you have a great mothers day!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

What a GREAT idea for mother's day! Loved reading them all.

Happy Mother's day to YOU, San!

Anonymous said...

San,
You're so sweet. I happen to think you're an awesome mother to your girls (and sometimes to my kids as well!)! You have helped me tremedously when I needed it most. You don't know how much I've appreciated you. You got to see all three of my babies before me and that's special to me too.

I love your babies almost as much as my own (and Mia Kate!) and am enjoying watching them grow up. (well, in a bittersweet way)

I believe that while this last year has been a very hard one for us, it has refined you in ways nothing else could have. I've been so impressed with the way you've been allowing God to work in your life and the ways He's changing you even in daily things as a person and as a mother. Rock on, Girl!

Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Love ya!