Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Sunday, March 04, 2007

North Hills Community Church

I love Matt and Charity's church! Click here to check out the church's website. You can even listen to recent sermons online. I really like the music in the service. Tonight, the kids were in the service and I was able to take communion with the girls. There are two big screens that give the words to the songs. Peyton moved down a bit away from me so that she could see the words to sing. I glanced down at her and watched her sing "Amazing Grace" and "The Wonderful Cross." The church is a bit more, ahem, expressive than what we are typically used to. Peyton got into it though, and she was, somewhat timidly, raising her hand in praise during the singing. I had to smile, it reminded me so much of myself at her age. It is rare for Peyton to remind me of myself in any ways. She is SO MUCH like Brad. So it was kind of neat to see a bit of myself in her. Mostly, it was a blessing to see her enjoying the worship music, and praising the Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is no greater joy than to know my children walk with the Lord. thanks for sharing Peyton's story. You are right. She is just like you were. Remember, I thought both you and Jame were going to be tele-evangelists at one time!!!! How is Paiger? Miss you three. Kisses all around. Love Grammy

Gretchen said...

Woo-hoo! I LOVE to praise Jesus, Peyton! I raise my hands LOTS when I am singing! I am glad you are having a great trip!

LOVE the picture of Paiger on the trampoline! HEE HEE!

CAN'T WAIT to see you guys on Thursday! LOVE YA!