Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Thursday, March 15, 2007

Me and my buddy! Time to head home the next day. This picture is a bit blurry, but it was taken by Paige! (I think that we have aged great, for those who don't believe me, head back to the archives, or look at my albums of one of the two of us in 1992!)


Paige Gretchen and Peyton



I don't believe that I have ever gone this long without posting! To be honest, I haven't even had much desire or opportunity lately to spend time at the computer. Since arriving home, we have been trying to settle into our new routine, and also to catch up on school work. Not to mention that the last few days have be SO WARM, so we have been outside. I have a web album with pictures from the past part of my trip. You can access it here. The girls were great travelers. I had a great time with them. I just want to take the opportunity to say how thankful I am for my children. They are far from perfect, but so is their mother! However, they are a huge joy to me, and I am grateful for them. We had a wonderful time in South Carolina. Matt and Charity were SO gracious to open their home to us. It was a busy week. Charity worked hard to set up informal discussion times with a few different ladies in her church. These were a huge encouragment to me. On the way home, we stopped at Josh and Gretchen's in Louisville for the night. This one night reminded me of what it would have been like to live in a dorm. They have a cute apartment, but it is quite small. They welcomed us in anyway! I was struggling emotionally at that time (like most of the time ;), and the visit with Josh and Gret was a great encouragement. There are links to their individiual blogs to the right. Please check them out. Josh's recent posts on God's sovereignty have been a huge blessing. And as you can see from the picture, Gret is a huge blessing to me AND the kids!







And last night, we started Prasso at the church. We had nearly 20 ladies come to join the discipleship based Bible Study. For any of my long time readers, you will remember that Prasso, which I first became familiar with in SC in the fall, was life changing for me. I am sure that the benefit of the instruction videos, as well as group discussion will be a blessing. Please pray for us as we begin our journey, and as we memorize Romans 8:1-15.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the post. i'm having trouble getting my posts to "travel" so look in your e-mail. the pictures of the kids and those of you and charity and gretchen are so good. glad you were able to go down there. thanks for the encouragement to join Prasso, i think i'm going to like it alot.

Anonymous said...

just a short comment to encourage you as you start the weekend work schedule. God sees you, hears you, heals you, protects you. No person or event can get God to go away. Praise the Lord for that. The Prasso lesson is really going to make me think. That's good as my emotions have been leading me for quite some time now. Lead on Oh King Eternal. Love Mother

Gretchen said...

Hey, San,

Thanks for the post! I really wanted to write one, but I waited way too long, and got a little behind. I miss you guys! Tell the girls I said hi!

~Gret