Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Sunday, March 04, 2007

greetings from sunny SC

Sorry it has been so long without a post. This past week has been hectic. I have many birthdays to make up for when I get home, so I will probably do a birthday tribute post soon after life settles back in. We had a good trip here. It was very windy, but the sun was shining and the complaining was at a minimum. (at least with the kids, now Charity was a different story;) Charity and Matt and I stayed up late last night and talked about God, and how our trials are used to work for our good. It was an encouragement to learn new insights. It is finally occuring to me that I need to obey God in choices each day, simply because it pleases Him-not to attempt to control some future event. I know, I know, big newsflash! I really did already know this, but I don't believe I have consistently practiced it. I am also learning that anything that I want more than God is a "worthless idol." This would include my precious children. This is a freeing concept. I am still called to protect, teach and discipline my children God's way, but then I must have faith that God will do the rest. We will all give an account for our choices, and God takes our choices in how we raise our children very seriously. If each day, I choose to walk by faith, make choices based on faith, and be obedient, I can rest in God's goodness. Heck, even when I mess up, God is still good! He is good to discipline me and remind me of exactly why I am living in fear and anxiety rather in in grace.

When I read the daily bread today, as well as comments from Matt last night, I was reminded that I don't have grace for any day but today. I can't think about the past or the future. When I dwell on either, I again forfeit God's grace. I am again a slow learner, so I post this in order to remind myself.

Anyway, we have many things crammed into the next few days. I will try to get a few pictures from the trip on here sometime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if God sees the sparrow's fall, Paints the lilies short and tall, Gives the skies their azure hue. Will He not then care for you-anon. and me and Paige and Peyton, and Dad and Jamie, and all the many people who love you? It is comforting to know that He is watching out for us. El Roi You are the God Who Sees. PTL Mom