Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday night.

I had a great date night with my husband. I accidentally forgot my phone at home, and as soon as I got over the panic of not having one of my main addictions, we had a great time. We saw an early showing of "Fireproof." and I was pleasantly surprised. It is amazing that I have become so desensitized to the completely humanistic views that Hollywood portrays, even in very good films. These things were all missing in this movie, even though I looked for them. The first few minutes were filled with unrealisted dialogue that sounded cheesy. However, after awhile, either I got used to it, or the acting/dialogue improved. The movie turned out to be excellent. The movie has given me some very real emotional moments, however. No, mom, it doesn't have anything to do with James' chosen profession, he's a great person no matter what his job! It came from the level of importance God places on marriage. Most of you know that I am married for the second time. This doesn't mean that I take marriage lightly, quite the contrary. James and I had a very open discussion about what we thought about the movie, and "The Love Dare," that the movie "presribed" for the sick marriage.

I digress..however...I never ever ever wanted to be divorced. I believe in the sanctity of marriage, and I believe that marriage is a covenant. The couple in the movie were given a wonderful opportunity to have their marriage changed, and their lives changed, for the better and for God's glory. I told James that I thought that the movie had a great message, but that I felt that I did everything I could, but my marriage still ended. I have waited a few days to finish this post, because I wasn't sure how much I wanted to share about my feelings on this subject, but it was truly hard to watch the two people, seperately but in response to each other and to God, put down their offense toward each other, and end up with their "happily ever after." This Hollywood ending didn't happen in my life. Some my say that I have my "happily ever after" because I am remarried now to a man that shows me how much he loves me every day, and with whom I am completely in love. But just as a newborn, as much as you love them, can't take the place of a lost child, a happy marriage can't take away the pain of one that was lost.

Anyway, I loved the movie. James went to Walmart yesterday morning while the girls and I were doing school. I saw "The Love Dare" in one of the sacks and commented on him buying it. He said, I bought three. He has a few men in his life that he felt could benefit from it, and he bought them a copy. I was so blessed and touched by this. My husband has only had this role for the past 3 months, and he had no real role model for the kind of husband God wants men to be. However, he somehow manages to EVERYDAY, be exactly what I need in my life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dad and I are so happy for you, Sandy, and for the girls, for the stability that James has brought into the family. You did a great job alone, but James completes the package. May God richly bless you.

Brittany said...

You ARE blessed, Sandy. I'm thankful for James and the wonderful husband he is to you. You and I have had many conversations surrounding this topic and I know how positively he has impacted your life and that of the girlies. I also know of the pain you've experienced and can empathize on the loss not being less, just that the newborn brings new love. You hit the nail on the head.

Love ya! (and the cutie patootie girlies!)....oh yeah...and Jameps! :)!

Charity said...

Okay...

It's hard to know exactly how to comment about this post but with all my heart, I must say...

Thank you.

As a woman having been in a troubled marriage and one that occassionally gets to love on and encourage others in the same battle, I SO appreciate you being honest about this struggle.

Too many people in a second marriage understandably get defensive and send the message that the new road is painless and reflection on the prior relationship is without regret.

I beg God to continue to give all of us the diligence and desire to brick up that door to our "Marriage houses" and dwell happily within as we prefer and serve each other!

San, my prayers for your marriage has increased ten-fold from what is used to be years ago. I hope you will always be a "fighter" for the sanctity of marriage!

Love you and miss you more than you know...

Sandy said...

Grammy, thanks as always for your positive reinforcement. Britt..what can I say, one of my biggest supporters, always. Char, I appreciate you comment SO much. I know when we all got hitched back in 96 we never dreamed the road would be even harder than high school, let alone scary, painful and as wonderful as it really was. We simply weren't mature enough to be supporting each other and in prayer for each other as we should. I am SO glad for that particular change as we have gottten a TAD older! I miss you too.