Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Tuesday, February 26, 2008

web album of the birthday party

Karaoke and American Girl was the name of the game at the Thornsbrough house last night. Paige and Peyton nearly stayed up til their birth time (after 11 pm) singing and dancing and playing with their new, beloved American Girl dolls. The cakes were made by cousin Lauren, and James provided a karaoke set-up for all of us to enjoy. The kids practically wore out the Hannah Montana and High School Musical karaoke CD's that we got..and we are all kind of hoarse! I have some great shots of the night..not that I took a single picture (thanks Jamie and James for handing over your memory cards before leaving for the evening). Be warned..their are a few short video clips...and in case anyone is wondering...STEPH picked out the song that we sang! (Sorry guys..at least I am embarrassing myself too!)

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Ok. I'm sufficiently embarassed. I told James karaoke was a lot less intimidating when at your house because there's less crowd and I knew and was comfortable with everyone mostly because most of the crowd was under the age of 10. I didn't know you were going to BLOG it so EVERYONE in the world could see it. sheesh! Oh well. It was fun. I admit it. I have VERY tired children this morning...

Stephanie said...

I could probably get over the humiliation of the song if there was a least ONE flattering photo of me...*sigh* (What is up with the awful one of me looking at the magazine...YIKES!)
Oh well - everyone had a good time and that is the important part! :)

periwinkita said...

Happy Birthday Paige and Peyton! Sounds like you had lots of fun.

Charity said...

Oh...my...word.

You three have left me totally speechless with that song.

I finally let myself listen to most of it after a few tries. I couldn't help myself. It was like trying not to look at an accident when you drive by.

Oh well. I guess you have to overlook some things for fun when you get older! :)

Looks like a great party. Sorry I had to miss it! (You know how I loves me some cake!)

Happy Birthday, P&P!

Sandy said...

Char..and the cake was extremely good (compliments of Lauren Powell!) I thought the kids running around us made a nice touch! One thing we never did together..karaoke..would be a lot of fun to do!

Mandy said...

I can't believe they are 8! I used to babysit them when they were...well, babies! I am old. Happy bir-tay girls!

Unknown said...

Love the pics, but the video is my fav! =) The song was the perfect choice!! I love the cake and of course the dolls. Livi was very excited when she saw the Nellie doll!! Happy Birthday, Girlies!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a "rockin" birthday party for the girls!! I'm glad they had a happy birthday. It sure doesn't seem like 8 years ago when Ryan and I would come over after sunday night church and see you lying on the couch! :)

I hope the girls are feeling better. Brooklyn said they were puking Wednesday night at church. :(