Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Thursday, March 12, 2009

There will come a day!

I am hearing this Jeremy Camp song on the radio as I get ready to take the girls and go to the church for Sue's visitation. I am posting the lyrics, which I had never before stopped to think about, because they give hope in all situations! I am SO sad for those of us left behind, particularly Sue's husband, children, and grandchildren, but I am SO glad for Sue that she is in heaven! I knew her well enough to know that she is already marveled by the "rest and the wonders anew!"

I try to hold on to this world with everything I have
But I feel the weight of what it brings, and the hurt that tries to grab
The many trials that seem to never end, His word declares this truth,
that we will enter in this rest with wonders anew

But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering

(Chorus)
There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we'll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we'll hold on to you always

I know the journey seems so long
You feel you’re walking on your own
But there has never been a step
Where you’ve walked out all alone

(Chorus)

Troubled soul don’t lose your heart
Cause joy and peace he brings
And the beauty that’s in store
Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting

I can’t wait until that day where the very one I’ve lived for always will wipe away the sorrow that I’ve faced
To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery this is why this is why I sing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE "There Will be a Day" by Jeremy Camp!! That is the perfect song. So comforting! Sioby Bullock

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful lyric. I am not familiar with the song, but wish I was. Yesterdays service was honoring to Sue and to Our God. The participation by family members touched me. You know I am a journal-er; and really didn't know Sue was, but am not surprised. God bless the Benzing family and extended family and church family. Mom