Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you WILL perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"



Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Name change pain

Ok..after running around for the past few weeks and changing my name at different locations (I had no idea that there would be so many places!) I have given some serious thought to what to do about the address of this blog. (yes, I know that wasn't a sentence and I really don't care.) I realize that my blog has been easily "findable" at its current address for several years now. I also realize that I have made it easy for anyone to find me with both my last name and address in my titles (I know, not the brightest bulb in the box, am I??) I thought about starting a new blog with a link to the old one..kind of a giant archive, but my heart just isn't really in doing that right now. I am still living in my house, and can still clearly remember the day that I started "The View from Baltic Drive." And since the view from Baltic Drive is SOO great these days (unless you count the weeds in my flower bed), I just can't bear to part with it right now. SO, unless anyone has a better idea, I am open to suggestions, I am going to just leave the address the same..After all there are still a couple of wonderful, beautiful little Thornsbrough's that live here! Just didn't want anyone to think that this particular name change had escaped my attention! Oh, by the way, if you visit me at my place of employment, you will notice that there too, my name has not changed..the state is pretty picky..and that could take another month or even two!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that the name game is such a pain. Especially the nursing license, but its always been that way. Turns out I have two, count 'um 2 blogs. I started one in Feb and again yesterday. Now I don't know what to do. HELP!!!!

Julie said...

Don't worry about taking to long to get it all done. I waited about 8 years before I finally changed my name with social security. I just never seemed to get around to it. When I finally did go in to the ss office the lady looked at me and said very rudely "took long enough didn't you"